Potato gratin is often everyone’s favorite dish over the holidays, so our chefs came up with a vegan and gluten free version made with cauliflower florets and Amy’s Butternut Squash Soup. It’s absolutely delicious and will have your guests coming back for seconds and thirds.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Melt vegan butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally until caramelized, about 12 minutes.
- Add butternut squash and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until softened and lightly browned.
- Add cornstarch and cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the soup and almond milk. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook, whisking constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cayenne and 1¼ cups of vegan cheeze.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of black pepper.
- Add cauliflower and stir to coat in sauce. Transfer to a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with remaining ¾ cup of vegan cheeze and chopped pecans.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, until heated through and golden brown on top.
If you want a version that includes dairy, see here.
This dish can be prepared a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.