Halwa is a popular Indian snack that typically contains carrots, sugar and sometimes golden raisins. It can be quite sweet, but with Amy’s Carrot Ginger Soup in this recipe, the sweetness is toned down while the texture and flavor will leave you asking for more!
- Place soup and coconut milk in a blender and purée on the highest speed for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the puréed Amy's Organic Carrot Ginger Soup and coconut milk in a medium-size pan and cook mixture over medium-high heat.
- Squeeze any water out of the raisins then add them to the carrot ginger soup mixture.
- Add grated carrots, cardamom, turmeric and butter. Stir continuously until the carrots and raisins are incorporated into the liquid, then add sea salt.
- Place the carrot mixture in a small crockpot on medium heat. Cook until carrots become slightly translucent.
- Once the carrot dessert has thickened, spoon mixture in small bowls and cool for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
For a creamier, more traditional version of this recipe, use sweetened condensed milk instead of condensed coconut milk. You can also use other nuts, like cashews or toasted almonds, in place of pistachios, depending on what you have on hand in your pantry.